LogoPro Blog - Logo News, Opinions and Discussion
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
25th May 2011
Just yesterday up came the perennial remark from a potential customer, ‘We are thinking about a new logo for our business, but my nephew is good on the computer, he’s going to have a go at it!’ It’s like saying ‘My nephew’s good at Lego, he’s going to have a go at building my house for me.’
Here are 6 good reasons to use a professional logo designer for your branding.
1. Expertise. Some say it takes 5 years to become an expert, some say more. ‘Excellence in any department can be attained only by the labour of a lifetime; it is not to be purchased at a lesser price’ Samuel Johnson ~ an English author in the 18th Century.
2. Clarity. Understanding your objective is key. A professional logo designer will take your brief and do the research to make sure they understand your business and the images that represent it. They will have a good idea of how you want to be perceived whether trustworthy and established as with an architect for example or fun for a children’s toy retailer. A good designer will use their experience to provide you with a good logo design that will give you confidence in presenting your business.
3. Choice. Even the most seasoned graphic designer can be hard pushed to come up with several design concepts for a new logo. We have been practicing for years, nurturing our new logo designers in the ways and means of approaching a project. A good logo designer will show you different concepts, quite different ones too, not just a different font or layout of a hackneyed idea.
4. Time. Has that nephew shown you any designs yet? Favours are great and who knows, you could be on to a good thing. The chances are though, you will be left waiting. Designing a logo can be an intimidating prospect for a novice, especially if they understand the responsibility that goes with it. Will they know how to provide you with the final files in the best possible quality for you to use. Will they provide the backup needed, when you find you need your logo as a print ready file or to change the layout for printing on that promotional memory stick.
5. Budget. You can decide from the outset how much your new company logo means to you. With online logo design you can choose to pay as little as £24.99 to - well hundreds. Be realistic, can you really expect good custom logo design for £24.99? If you trawl through the first pages of google looking at similar services you will find that around the £200 pound mark buys you professional logo design. If they have the same ethos as Logopro, this represents fantastic value.
6. Guarantee. You should expect guarantees with professional logo designers. Not just a money back guarantee if you are not happy with the designs offered, you need a guarantee that:
the company is who and where they say they are
the logo is a bespoke logo design for your business
the final files provided are suitable for using in the ways advertised
the final logo will be handed over to you with the copyrights.
With a professional logo designer you can expect a unique design that will enhance your business in the minimum amount of time with the minimum amount of effort.
Apologies to any nephews who are also great logo designers.